- To provide safe, stable living conditions in a ‘home-like’ family atmosphere.
- To teach life-skills through hands-on application and through education in areas of housekeeping, cooking, consumer education and budgeting.
- To provide tools regarding interpersonal skills such as self-worth, decision making, managing stress and building healthy relationships.
- To help girls set and reach education and employment goals.
- To provide mental health care including individual and group counseling.
- To help girls access physical health care, including routine physicals, emergency treatment, health assessments and education regarding physical health and wellness.
- To show girls the love of Christ and provide opportunities for spiritual growth.
- To provide girls with a personal mentor while in the house and as they leave the house to live independently.
- To provide support in finding healthy living accommodations outside the house.
My Sister’s House works with each young woman’s individual strengths and focuses on achieving goals through encouragement and ongoing support; helping young women to think bigger, dream higher and have the courage to re-create themselves. When young women complete the program, they are assisted in finding stable, affordable living arrangements, and move on to independence. The Sister Mentor stays in close communication with the young woman and provides further support and guidance when they leave My Sister’s House.